Ultimate Reset

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hard Work

Everything that you want to be successful in your life requires hard work.  If you want a great education, it takes hard work.  If you want a successful career, it takes hard work.  If you want a successful marriage, it takes hard work.  If you want to raise smart, respectful, confident children, it takes hard work. If you want that amazing body you dream about it takes hard work.  

I can't think of one meaningful thing that could just be handed to you as you sit there on the couch doing nothing.  Yes, there are some people who are born into money and inherit companies and great lifestyles.  But all that will disappear if you don't work to keep it.  Think of all the famous people that you have heard of going bankrupt.  This of all the rich children that you can't stop reading about in the gossip columns.   

This is why so many people do not have everything they hoped for.  Those people sit there on that couch waiting for good things to happen to them.  They wait for that big mysterious check to show up in the mail, or for the bank to make an error and now there rich.  Or they go to work everyday and just do the basic requirements and wonder why they do not get that big promotion or raise.  Or you have the people who walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes to get off and eat a 1200 calorie dinner and wonder why they are not loosing the weight they are hoping for.  

It's because you have to put in the work.  You have to step outside of your comfort zone and chase down that dream you are looking for.  Why waste another day waiting for it to happen to you?  Go out there and get it now.  Make the decision that you are going to take back your life.  You are going to go out there and work for what you deserve, fight to get the things your heart desires.  Stop making excuses and saying amazing things don't happen to people like you, and make them happen.  

I am 29 years old, I fell into a rut waiting for my good luck to come along, and bad thing after bad thing kept happening to me.  I woke up one day and said I'm fed up.  I have had enough of this type of life.  I know what I deserve.  I know what I am capable of  and I know what kind of life I want my children to have. So I am going to work my tail off to make it happen.  I am looking at the bright skies.  I gave up the excuses and the negative thoughts.  I don't have time for those things in my life, they just hold you back.  I wake up every morning knowing how lucky I am to be here and have my family.  I know that I am powerful enough to make things happen in my life, and I am going to do it.  
  

Shannon           

No comments:

Post a Comment