Ultimate Reset

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Time For A Change

My name is Shannon Lemos.  I am happily married to my high school sweetheart.  We have been together for over 13 years and we just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on April 8th, yes that was Easter Sunday.  We have two amazing boys, James Jr. is 6 years old and Daniel is 4 going on 18.


I have been been through many things in my life.  We have had great experiences, bad experiences and "could it get any worse???" experiences.  My life has been a constant roller coaster or events and emotions.  But I have finally set my foot down and determined 2012 would be the turning point.  I know there is no way to completely avoid bad experiences, but I will do everything in my power to make sure we will not be held down any longer.  I decided I am taking control of my life and I'm going to stop sitting around waiting for good things to happen to us. I am going to grab them as they try to sneak by.


My first step was making sure I felt good about myself.


I was always a skinny minny growing up.  I was even in my regular clothes right after having my kids.  But gradually the sizes started going up, and gradually I didn't like the way my clothes looked on me.  This added to all the other issues in my life, so this was a big one for me.  


I only had 15 pounds I wanted to loose, which I know is not a lot to many people but it was my 15 pounds that was making me unhappy.  I started TurboFire on January 2, 2012.  I changed my eating habits, which included taking Shakeology once a day.  I counted my calories, and I stuck to the home program, 6 days a week of exercising.  I held on to my goal.  12 weeks later I lost 9 lbs and a total of 17 inches (from all measuring points.)  I felt great.  By this point all of this was a habit.  I  didn't want to go back to my old eating ways or stop exercising.  This is my life now.  What made it all so much easier is that my husband was doing it too.  He has been doing much longer than I had and he was my motivation, well along with the picture I cut out of the Victoria Secret model wearing the bathing suit I want. But you get the idea.  


So I have been doing the extended program of TurboFire, which means I still have another 5 weeks left. I am still loosing the weight and now I truly believe I will be able to wear that bikini this summer.  Yeah for me.  I haven't been in a bikini since, since, well let me think.........I know its been over 7 years.


So my first step has been successful.  I am happier, I am no longer getting panic attacks,  I have more energy everyday and now I also have more goals and dreams. I plan on sharing every bit of them and helping as many people as I can in the process.  I tell ya, 2012 is the year.  


Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment